Arm Workout For Women – 13 Exercises to Get Rid of Flabby Arms
You know what’s more annoying than having belly and back fat? Having flabby arms!. This article will give you workouts to do at home to get rid of them. You can use weights or no equipment at all. Not only flabby arms feel weird but they also don’t look nice especially when they finally sag and make us look like we have bat wings! Yikes! It’s also hard to accept that some friends and family would not only tease you for those arms but also play with it too! They really like the jiggling but we definitely don’t!
The only way to get the flab out is to get serious with our diet and exercise routine. As with everything, most fat loss routines start with a good diet but how about when it comes to making the muscles firm? We have exercise to answer that and we’ve compiled the 13 best exercises to finally get rid of those pesky flabby arms.
If you are in the process of toning your arms and getting rid of the flab, the following exercises will help you tremendously to get the desired toned arms you have been waiting for. Some are simple, while others are slightly complicated but each one of them will help you get rid of the excess fat.
Pilates boxing which is otherwise called Piloxing mainly combines techniques of pilates, boxing with a dash of dance if you are feeling adventurous. Pilates help in strengthening the body and boxing is a martial art that is a great form of exercise to burn fat and tone muscles. This exercise gives your arms and upper body a good workout and very much helps in toning.
- Stand with your feet apart, bend your knees and move forward from your waist
- While keeping your elbows up and steady, box with your right hand forward
- Make sure you are clenching your abs while doing the motion
- Box on each side several times (can go up to 20)
The main focus of this exercise is on the arms. With a set of weights, this exercise helps in toning the arms. The technique is simple and after a few workout sessions, you will see visibly toned arms. If you want to focus on your triceps, this is a very good exercise for you.
- Lie on your back with your feet on the floor
- Bend both your knees
- Carry a 5 lb dumbbell (or less) in each hand
- Keep them a few inches off the floor
- Keep your arms straight and raise your right arm over your chest while the left one is above your head
- Lower the arm and repeat the steps
- Do it 15 times with your right arm and then switch sides
- Do 2-3 sets to see positive results
Bent over reverse fly
This exercise tests your stamina as you engage the muscles at the back of your shoulders. Since you are not standing straight in this exercise, it is challenging but a great one to tone the muscles of your arms. It is one of the tougher exercises but if done correctly, produces great results in shorter time.
- Bend your knees a little bit and move the elbows with an outward motion (dumbbells in your hands)
- This motion will stretch your arms to form a straight line
- Your palms should be facing your body at all times
- Bring them down and repeat 9-12 times
Arnold shoulder press
It is a great exercise for the entire shoulder muscles. This exercise hits both the front and side heads of your deltoid muscles. This exercise essentially helps in muscle building. It is a variation of the original shoulder press and is named after the actor and politician, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Sit on an exercise bench with a back rest
- Warm up with 2 to 3 sets right before the actual exercise
- Hold the dumbbells in front of you above your chest with your palms facing your body
- Your elbows should be slightly bent
- Make sure that the dumbbells are above your head and rotate it
- Continue lifting the dumbbells and make sure that your arms are extended above. Make sure your arms are straight.
- Pause and then lower them to the original position by rotating your palms inward
- Repeat 10 to 12 times
Field goal post
This form of exercise targets your entire arm. Using weights helps straighten your upper body. This exercise is one of the easiest to accomplish and will give you great results if done regularly.
- Bring your elbows up to just below your shoulder with a dumbbell in each hand
- Open your arms wide stretching them back to active your shoulder blades
- Now, bring your forearms down. Make sure they are parallel to the ground and then raise the arms stretching them again
- Close them right in front of your face
- Repeat 10-15 times while keeping your elbows up
The shoulder joint has a greater range of moving capability than any other joint in your body. This exercise tests just that. It improves core strength and ability. The upper body motion fires the muscles which strengthen the abdominal and back muscles. This form of exercise is great for people who exclusively want to strengthen their upper bodies.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart
- Hold a light weight in each hand close to your sides
- Raise your arms in front of you so they’re parallel to the floor
- Open your arms out to the sides so they are almost at an 180-degree angle
- Lower your arms down to the start
- Complete 6-8 cycles and switch directions
Triceps kick back
It is a good triceps workout which helps tone the arms. This exercise assists the chest in every pushing movement. If done correctly, this is an extremely effective way of toning your upper body.
- Kneel with one foot on the ground. Ensure that the other leg is behind you
- Holding the weight in your hand, begin by your sides then proceed to kick it behind you
- Stay straight and let the triceps do all the work
Teapot rows mainly target your biceps and triceps. It helps get rid of the love handles. It tones up your arms and strengthens your back muscles as well.
- Keep your legs apart slightly (hip wide would do the trick)
- You can keep one hand on your hip while the other holds the weight
- Lean over to the side of your weight while ensuring you do not bend your back. This step will ensure that you work the love handles when you bend towards the weight
- Carry out the sets 10-15 times before switching to the other hand
- Repeat 12-15 times for 3 sets for best results